How to Apply to the MS GSCM
Do I need a degree in logistics or business to apply?
No! Applicants must have an earned bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a foreign equivalent. Students who expect to receive their bachelor’s degree within one semester may also apply.
What are the admissions criteria?
- GMAT or GRE. This requirement may be waived if the applicant has 3 or more years of approved supply chain work experience or a previously earned graduate degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a foreign equivalent.
- All college transcripts. The standard UAA GPA required for graduate school applicants is 3.0, but those with a lower GPA AND strong professional experience will be considered for potential success in the program and are encouraged to apply.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- 300-500 word personal statement on how the MS GSCM will help you attain your career or personal goals.
- Professional resume of no more than three pages.
How do I apply?
Applicants may apply using the UAA online application accessible through the Admissions website.
The online application requires payment of the application fee by credit card. The application fees are listed on the Admissions website and are currently $75 per graduate applicant.
What is the application deadline?
Interested applicants must have completed an application, submitted all required criteria (test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation, personal statement, and professional resume), and paid the application fee by July 15. Later applications may be considered, but please contact the College of Business and Public Policy Graduate Programs Coordinator at (907) 786-4101 or email email@example.com if you are considering submitting an application for admission after the application deadline.
Applications decisions are made on a rolling basis and students are admitted as applications are received and evaluated. Because class sizes are small and there only 24 spaces in the MS GSCM program, interested applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
I live in another country. Can I apply for or attend this program?
Yes. International students must submit the following:
- Official TOEFL (minimum score of 79 IBT) or IELTS (minimum score of 6.5 overall band)
scores, completed within the last two years and sealed by the issuing agency. International
students may request an exception from the language exam requirements if they:
- are a native speaker of English, or
- have attended a regionally accredited US college or university, and have (1) received a "C" or better in a course equivalent to UAA's Writing 111 course or (2) obtained a Bachelor or Master Degree from a regionally accredited US college or university.
- All international transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). WES specifies how to submit academic documents from each country.
International students are NOT required to apply for an I-20 and obtain a visa because 100% of the MS GSCM program is online.
More information about applying as an international student can be found on the UAA Student Services page.