Alaska Native Business Management Minor
The Alaska Native Business Management Minor will prepare you for a unique segment of business in Alaska.
This minor is for Alaska Native and non-Native students alike who plan to live and work in Alaska.
Alaska Native Corporations are an economic force in the State of Alaska and we need business professionals educated in the culture and management practices of these organizations.
Over forty years after the passage of the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) of 1971, Alaska Native Corporations have diversified into successful state, national and global companies and Native non-profits have developed comprehensive statewide services.
Students who wish to minor in Alaska Native Business Management must complete the following 18 credits for this minor.
Complete the following:
- AKNS A201 Alaska Native Perspectives (3)
- BA A201 Introduction to Alaska Native Business (1)
- BA A202 Alaska Native Organizations (3)
- BA A401 Alaska Native Corporation Business Management (3)
- BA A402 Indigenous Leadership (3)
Complete 2 credits from the following:
- BA A290A Alaska Native Business Practices (1-3)
- BA A403 Inside the Boardroom of Alaska Native Organizations (1)
- BA A490B Selected Topics in Alaska Native Corporations (1-3)
Complete 3 credits upper division AKNS or approved course(s).
To learn more about this minor please contact Sharon Lind, Term Assistant Professor at the College of Business and Public Policy, at 907-786-4166 / email@example.com.