Tom Case Leadership Fellows Program
The Tom Case Leadership Fellows Program prepares UAA College of Business and Public Policy (CBPP) students to be future leaders who meet the needs of Alaska organizations through leadership, professional development programs and mentoring.
The Tom Case Leadership Fellows Program is a co-curricular mentoring program for graduate and senior-level undergraduate students who are committed to leadership and personal and professional development. Applicants must be enrolled for the full academic year (fall/spring semesters) for acceptance to the program.
- Exceptional students (graduate and senior-level undergraduates) will be selected after an interviewing process.
- Program is specifically focused on developing the future leaders of Anchorage and Alaska.
- Encompasses a variety of leadership developmental activities.
- Primary feature of the program is the mentoring component.
- MENTORING: Students are matched with community business leaders from their respective major/discipline. Students interact with leaders in the business community to develop one-on-one relationships that foster rich leadership development experiences
- NETWORKING: Mentors and students attend meetings and sessions sponsored by the CBPP that are designed to nurture the mentor and protégé relationship while providing opportunities for networking
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Students engage and participate in events for the Tom Case Leadership Fellows, Jr. Program – a leadership development program for excellent students at Clark Middle School
- STUDENT ENGAGEMENT: Students are encouraged to participate in the MBA Student Association – a UAA Club whose role is to provide networking opportunities for MBA students and offer input to MBA faculty and administration on program direction
- Declared CBPP Graduate student or
- CBPP bachelor’s degree-seeking student who will graduate in 2017
- Enrolled for the full academic year (both Fall and Spring Semesters)
- Required to meaningfully participate in the above-mentioned activities