Weidner Property Management and Real Estate Program at CBPPPlanning Sheet
Housed in the College of Business and Public Policy (CBPP), the Weidner Property Management and Real Estate Program is one of only a handful of programs in the nation that offers a 4-year degree with dedicated curriculum focused on the management of real estate assets.
This concentrated coursework, in combination with CBPP’s core business curriculum, ensures that graduates are prepared to enter a competitive and innovating marketplace with the tools necessary to succeed.
In addition to classroom education, students will be able to participate in experiential learning through job shadowing, paid-internships, and attendance at local and national industry events held by program partners like
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM);
- National Apartment Association (NAA); and
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA).
Through these professional organizations, students will also have the opportunity to earn industry designations, some by the time they graduate, indicating their achievement of national standards for experience and/or education.
The few comparable academic programs around the country report career placement near 100%. Students report receiving offers, usually prior to graduation, for positions with competitive salaries; retirement and health benefits; and most importantly, opportunities for structured growth and promotion. And, employers are excited to hire graduates, because they know this program provides a working background of the skills needed to hit the ground running and transition quickly into a committed and productive member of the team:
- Yardi Property Management Software
- Leasing and Market Analysis
- Asset Maintenance
- Operating Budgets
- Cash Flow Analysis and Performance Ratios
- Human Resources
- Negotiations and Conflict Management
- Fair Housing and Landlord-Tenant Law
- Real Estate and Contract Law
- Managerial Communications
- Micro- and Macro-Economics
- Risk Management