Bachelor of Business Administration
Property Management and Real Estate
Explore the Business Management Bachelor’s Degree Program at UAA's College of Business and Public PolicyPlanning Sheets
The business management program at the College of Business and Public Policy is situated in the business capital of Alaska, one of the great trade and logistics hubs of the world. Whether your courses are online or in-person, you will benefit from the network and knowledge our faculty – and your classmates – have gained through proximity to this dynamic and fast-growing city. Through innovative courses such as those focusing on Alaska Native Business Management, you will get to address issues specific to Alaska. When you earn your bachelor’s degree you will be ready to take on management careers in today’s global business world.
What You Will Learn in the Business Management Program
The bachelor’s in business management explores the basics of human resource management and how the management of people affects a business as a whole. You will also learn strategies for negotiations, entrepreneurship, conflict resolution and arbitration, as well as methods in business analytics and intelligence to transform company data into actionable insights.
Option to Earn Your B.B.A. In Management Entirely Online
You can opt to earn your management degree through the College of Business and Public Policy entirely online. This is ideal for students living outside of Anchorage, students serving in the military who may be transferred, or those who need the flexibility of online course work due to work schedules or family life. Online courses are offered at in-state rates regardless of your location. Students preferring this option are encouraged to speak first with a student advisor to strategically map their course load.
Property Management and Real Estate Concentration (Not Available Online)
The Weidner property management and real estate concentration of the B.B.A. in management includes recruiting events, travel opportunities, hands-on learning experiences and much more. It is one of the only four-year concentrations in real estate management nationwide. It provides a strong background in business fundamentals with an emphasis on the management of income-producing real estate assets like apartments, office buildings and industrial spaces. This optional concentration is not available through online delivery. Learn more about the property management and real estate concentration.
Business Management Scholarships and Financial Aid
Get help with tuition and education costs. UAA offers a number of scholarships and other types of financial assistance you may apply for when you major in business management. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at UAA.
What Can You Do With a Management Degree From UAA?
Prepare for top graduate programs and global business careers when you earn your bachelor’s degree in business management at UAA. Management graduate programs.
Continue your education with graduate studies in business, right at the College of Business and Public Policy. The following programs prepare you for leadership and executive positions in business:
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
- Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.)
- M.S. in Global Supply Chain Management (online only)
The bachelor’s degree in business management prepares you for high-demand professional leadership positions such as:
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Chief Information Officer
- Compliance Manager
- Computer & Information Systems Manager
- Hospitality and Restaurant Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Management Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Retail Manager
- Training and Development Specialist
Business Management Bachelor’s Degree Program Highlights
CBPP’s bachelor’s degree in management offers unique opportunities to study in the business capital of Alaska, get hands-on work and research experience and network with top business professionals. The following are some of the top reasons to choose UAA for your undergraduate program.
- Earn a degree that is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the top-tier accrediting body for business schools. AACSB-accredited schools have better programs, better faculty, better students, and more international students. More employers recruit from AACSB-accredited schools, and graduates receive better salaries.
- Apply learning in real-world business contexts. Internships with Anchorage-area companies help you gain first-hand business management experience that will prepare you for your career.
- Work closely with top faculty on research projects. Undergraduate research opportunities include projects for publication and business conference presentations.
- Get work experience overseas. Study abroad programs at UAA offer the chance to see the international applications of business and how culture can alter the business environment. Learn more about study abroad opportunities.
- Earn your BBA in management entirely online. Enjoy the flexibility of online courses that help you maintain your educational goals while balancing home and work life.
- Take part in CBPP’s Management and Marketing Club. Activities include networking and career events, community engagement experiences, guest speaker events and much more. Check out the Management and Marketing Club Facebook page for recent news.
Management Bachelor’s Degree Program Curriculum
The B.B.A. in business management covers today’s most globally relevant topics, including organizational theory, design and development. You will gain effective business negotiation skills while learning how to improve workplace performance, create employee training programs, navigate business ethics and human resource issues and how to be an entrepreneur. You will also learn about the history and management of Alaska Native Corporations, as well as global commerce and geographic trends.
Top Classes for Business Management Majors
- Business Foundations: Learn key business concepts and principles and explore the strategies that allow companies to compete in today’s complex global marketplace.
- Strategic Management: Understand how to evaluate external and internal market environments to create above-average returns through exploration of theory, current events and case studies.
- Globalization and Business Environment: Examine the external contexts such as ethics, law, politics and social issues that businesses operate in.
- Negotiation and Conflict Management: Develop and practice negotiation skills and make positive changes to your negotiation behavior and habits.