The Master of Public Administration (MPA)
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree provides students with knowledge and skills needed for professional careers in public service. MPA students learn new techniques and add to their expertise in organizational and program management, policy analysis, and related areas with emphasis on policy and administrative issues in the North. Students specialize in one of the following emphasis areas: Public Management, Policy Analysis, Health Administration, or Criminal Justice.
Students graduating with a Master of Public Administration will be able to demonstrate:
- Leadership and decision making
- Understanding of sustainability, citizen engagement, democratic values and transparency
- Role of financial, human, information, technology and other resources
- Knowledge of the policy process, including assessment
- Problem-solving, including the use of evidence
- Information processing and technology for effective administration
For more information please contact Janet Burton (907-786-4171), Graduate Programs Coordinator.