The MBA in General Management provides students with perspectives and skills to prepare them for increasingly significant managerial and leadership roles.
The focus of the program is management practice, recognizing that sound practice requires a thorough understanding of underlying management principles and techniques. The MBA graduate should be thoroughly grounded in state-of-the-art management theory and practice, aware of the complex global environment in which modern organizations operate, adaptive to change, articulate, and ethical.
The program serves full- and part-time students, and classes are generally scheduled on evenings or Saturdays. Most courses are offered in fall and/or spring, with a limited number offered in summer.
Students interested in pursuing the MBA with an emphasis in Business Intelligence and Business Analytics can complete an additional project to receive the UAA/SAS Data Mining Certificate, an industry-recognized professional certificate.
Students graduating with a Master of Business Administration in General Management will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the organization as a complex goal-seeking system interacting with and adapting to the dynamics of its external environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key elements and tools of business performance management.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills utilizing a variety of tools and media suited to specific situations.
- Provide leadership in settings ranging from the organization-wide level to the team.
- Demonstrate professionalism through the maintenance of high standards of personal performance, teamwork, professional development and ethical behavior.