Students may apply to enter the program at the beginning of either the fall or spring semester.
Applicants must meet both the Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees and the College of Business and Public Policy requirements outlined here.
Admission to the MBA program is limited to students who have earned a baccalaureate degree from an AACSB or regionally accredited university, or foreign equivalent. Undergraduate GPA on a 4.00 scale and the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score must satisfy the following formula:
Undergraduate GPA x 200 + GMAT > 1150.
GMAT waivers may be considered for applicants who meet any of the following criteria:
- Hold another master’s degree from an accredited university.
- Have a professional designation beyond the baccalaureate (such as CPA, CFA).
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Are seniors in their last semester of a CBPP baccalaureate program and have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
Additional indicators for predicting success in individual cases may be provided through documented evidence of creativity and leadership, or a sustained record of accomplishment in business or other professional activity.
Each applicant must submit the following to the UAA Office of Admissions as part of their application materials:
- A statement of purpose.
- A resume, including the names and contact information of three references.
- All transcripts from prior college/university studies.
Applicants whose native language is not English must score at least 80 (Internet-based exam scale) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Students may apply to enter the program at the beginning of either the fall or spring semester.