Seawolf Investment Fund Scholarship
In 2021, the College of Business and Public Policy (CBPP) created the Seawolf Investment Fund with a generous donation of $1 million from Gary Klopfer and Jane Cuddy Klopfer. The fund provides CBPP students with real world investing experience. It is managed by students taking BA 491A Student Managed Portfolio and BA 491B Institutional Money Management.
Additionally, earnings from the fund are awarded as scholarships to CBPP students studying Accounting or Finance.
Application and supporting materials must be completed online and submitted by Friday, November 11, 2022, at 5 p.m. See application instructions below.
- Must be officially enrolled at UAA for at least 6 credits in a program leading to a degree in Accounting or Finance from CBPP.
- Must maintain a UAA cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and be making satisfactory academic progress (SAP).
- Must have completed or be enrolled in BA 325 Corporate Finance.
- Must be a sophomore, junior or senior by time of the award.
How to Apply
Apply for the Seawolf Investment Fund Scholarship by completing this easy application online.
The application asks several short questions, and then you need to upload supporting documents. Prepare these documents ahead of time. Be sure to give the individuals completing your recommendation letters ample time to provide you a letter to upload before the deadline.
- Required: Identify a CBPP faculty member who will send you a recommendation letter to support your application addressed to Dean Nofsinger. The letter must also include the faculty member’s contact information. Faculty members need your completed FERPA form in order to provide a letter, so attach that in an email with your request. Faculty need at least one week to prepare a letter, so do this step right away.
- Required: Identify another person outside of UAA (employer, mentor, a member of a community organization, etc.) who will send you a recommendation letter to support your application, addressed to Dean Nofsinger. The letter must also include their contact information. Please give them plenty of notice before the application deadline. (Note: They do not need the FERPA form.)
Required: A letter from you to Dean Nofsinger stating why you are a candidate for this competitive
award. In the letter:
- Describe your overall academic and career goal.
- Include a detailed plan of Spring 2023 classes. The Spring 2023 schedule will be available for viewing in UAOnline by October 31, 2022.
- Required: A copy of your unofficial UAA transcript. You can find this in UAOnline. An advising appointment to review your transcript with a Student Advising Center counselor is recommended. You can schedule an advising appointment through Navigate or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Once these documents are ready, complete the online application questions and upload the documents by the deadline (November 11, 2022, at 5 p.m.) Good luck!
How Awards are Determined
The CBPP Scholarship Committee will review eligible applications and make an award recommendation based on the strength of your submitted application materials.
Keep up the Good Work!
If you are awarded a Seawolf Investment Fund Scholarship, congratulations! It’s important to complete your current coursework and maintain the required GPA. This will ensure your funding is applied and that you can apply for additional scholarships the following semester.
Additional Scholarship OpportunitiesCBPP Dean’s Competitive Administrative Scholarships
UA Foundation Scholarships
Weidner Academic and Travel Awards (for CBPP students actively enrolled in the Weidner Property Management and Real Estate Program)