CBPP Dean's Competitive Administrative Scholarship
The College of Business and Public Policy is committed to preparing students to become leaders in a rapidly changing world. Each year the Dean of the College awards scholarships to acknowledge and support students who have shown excellence in one of three areas. The number and amount of scholarships varies each year.
Application and supporting materials must be completed online and submitted by Friday, November 11, 2022, at 5 p.m. See application instructions below.
- Must be officially enrolled at UAA for at least 3 credits in a program leading to a degree or certificate from CBPP.
- Must be formally admitted into a CBPP degree-seeking program or certificate.
- Must maintain a UAA cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher and making satisfactory academic progress (SAP).
- Must be officially enrolled at UAA for at least 3 credits in a program leading to a graduate degree or certificate from CBPP.
- Must be formally admitted into a CBPP graduate program.
- Must maintain a UAA cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and making satisfactory academic progress (SAP).
How to Apply
To apply for the Dean’s Competitive Administration Scholarship is to submit materials online through this easy application.
The application asks several short questions, and then you need to upload four supporting documents. Prepare these documents ahead of time. Be sure to give the faculty members and individuals completing your recommendation letters ample time to provide you a letter to upload before the deadline.
- Required: Identify a CBPP faculty member who will send you a recommendation letter to support your application addressed to Dean Nofsinger. The letter must also include the faculty member’s contact information. To provide a letter, faculty members will need to receive your completed FERPA form Please attach it in an email with your request. Faculty will need at least one week to prepare a letter, so do this step right away.
- Required: Identify another person outside of UAA (employer, mentor, a member of a community organization, etc.) who will send you a recommendation letter to support your application, addressed to Dean Nofsinger. The letter must also include their contact information. Please give them plenty of notice before the application deadline. (Note: They do not need the FERPA form.)
Required: A letter from you to Dean Nofsinger stating why you are a candidate for this competitive
award. In the letter you should:
- Focus on ONE of these 3 areas:
- Merit (academic performance)
- Leadership/Community Involvement, or
- How you incorporate diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEI+B) into your academic life
- Describe your overall academic and career goal.
- Include a detailed plan of Spring 2023 classes. The Spring 2023 schedule will be available for viewing in UAOnline by October 31, 2022.
- Focus on ONE of these 3 areas:
- Required: A copy of your unofficial UAA transcript. You can find this in UAOnline. An advising appointment to review your transcript with a Student Advising Center counselor is recommended. You can schedule an advising appointment through Navigate or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Once all of these documents are ready, complete the online application questions and upload the documents by the deadline (November 11, 2022 at 5 p.m.) Good luck!
How Awards are Determined
The CBPP Scholarship Committee will review eligible applications and make an award recommendation based on the strength of your submitted application materials.
Keep up the Good Work!
If you are awarded a competitive scholarship, congratulations! It’s important to complete your current coursework and maintain the required GPA. This will ensure your funding is applied and that you can apply for additional scholarships the following semester.
Additional Scholarship OpportunitiesUA Foundation Scholarships
Seawolf Investment Fund Scholarships (for Finance and Accounting majors)
Weidner Academic and Travel Awards (for CBPP students actively enrolled in the Weidner Property Management and Real Estate Program)