Admission Requirements Apply Now
Students enter the MPA program with bachelor’s degrees from a variety of educational backgrounds. Accordingly, the program meets the needs of students with a wide mix of professional and educational backgrounds and interests.
Students interested in the MPA program may accumulate up to 9 credits in the program as a non-degree-seeking student before applying for admission to the program. To apply for admission, applicants must meet the UAA Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees and must:
- Submit a 300-500 word statement on their career goals and how the MPA degree relates to them.
- Submit a professional resume or vita.
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a combined undergraduate GPA plus GRE Analytic score totaling 7.0 or higher. The GRE test is not required for students having already earned a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a foreign equivalent, provided they have an undergraduate GPA of 3.00.
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.00 and have taken an introductory course in government (or demonstrate knowledge by taking an approved UAA college-level achievement examination)
- Complete two PADM core courses with a grade of B or better and complete all PADM core course prerequisites ( ECON A227, ECON A201 and ECON A202 or ECON A602, and PS A101) or their equivalents.
Contact Andrea Jones at the CBPP Graduate Office for full program information, including application forms and procedures.