Get Tickets Now for the CBPP Showcase, October 13!September 27, 2023
Join students and faculty of the College of Business and Public Policy (CBPP) at Rasmuson Hall on Friday, October 13 for a festive evening celebrating “College of Business and Public Policy: 50 Years in the Making”.
“Last year was our first Showcase and we were all energized by an evening together with our business partners, campus colleagues and community members,” said John Nofsinger, Dean of the College. “This year we are celebrating the opening of our new Finance lab and five decades of educating Alaska’s business and public policy leaders.”
Features of the CBPP Showcase:
- Explore Rasmuson Hall, CBPP’s home on campus.
- Visit tasting stations with wine, beer, cider and delicious hors d'oeuvres.
- Attend various sessions highlighting CBPP programs like experimental economics, property management, accounting forensics and Alaska Native business management.
- Tour the Finance lab, Alaska Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, the Institute of Social and Economic Research (ISER) room, and our CBPP 50-year museum.
- Bid on select items in our silent auction.
- Enjoy a dedicated networking space in the spine between Rasmuson Hall and the Avis Sports Center.
Doors open at 4:30 P.M. • Program begins at 5:00 P.M. • This is a 21+ event
Rave Reviews About Last Year’s CBPP Showcase
Wondering what attending the CBPP Showcase is like? Here’s how some of last year’s attendees described it:
“The CBPP Showcase is a wonderful integration of the College of Business and Public Policy and the outside world of business and public policy…”
- Joe Zimmermann, Dean’s Advisory Board
“The 2022 Showcase was delightful. We really saw the excitement of the instructors, the excitement of the new programs, and the excitement moving on and changing to fit the needs of the community.”
- Kathy Wilder, CBPP alum
“It makes me want to come and take classes here in person.”
- Kirsten Dolan, online student and Operations and Marketing Director, Alaska CHARR
“It felt like the Showcase breathed life into the building, and it was encouraging to see how many people from the community invest in the quality of my education by supporting CBPP.”
- Ross Spencer, CBPP student and Showcase volunteer
"I am excited the community was able to come together and learn about the amazing opportunities available in UAA's College of Business and Public Policy. Thanks to generous donations and the hard work of our faculty, staff and community partners, UAA has emerged as a leader in business and public policy for Alaska and all of the Arctic. CBPP's commitment to excellence is demonstrated by the quality of UAA's business and public policy programs and the competent, qualified graduates who go on to become leaders in our state and beyond."
- UAA Chancellor Sean Parnell