2023 Business Plan Competition Accepting EntriesNovember 30, 2022
The College of Business and Public Policy is accepting entries for its Business Plan Competition. Written business plans will be accepted through February 17, 2023. Finalists will go on to compete in the Perfect Pitch trade show and investor pitch on April 8, 2023.
The CBPP Business Plan Competition encourages entrepreneurship and economic development. It is open to students from any UAA campus and aspiring entrepreneurs from the Municipality of Anchorage. Competitors present their startup ideas and meet and receive feedback from experienced investors, executives, and seasoned entrepreneurs who have successfully started and grown businesses.
In 2022 the Business Plan Competition awarded a total of $17,000 in prizes. Prize amounts for this year’s competition will be announced in early 2023.
- January 26, 2023 - Info Session focused on business plan components for those who intend to enter the competition. Sign up to get invitation details.
- February 17, 2023 - Business Plans due by 5 pm Alaska Time.
- March 17, 2023 - Finalists announced.
- The week of March 20, 2023 - Investor Pitch Info Session to help finalists prepare for the Perfect Pitch presentation and Q&A.
- April 8, 2023 - Perfect Pitch. Finalists will attend this culminating event in person to showcase their businesses during a mini Trade Show followed by live investor pitches in front of a panel of judges and a live audience.
Visit the Business Plan Competition Webpage for more information, including a full 2023 Business Plan Competition Guidebook.
About the College of Business and Public Policy
The College of Business and Public Policy at the University of Alaska Anchorage offers fifteen degree programs, including masters level degrees. It is among six percent of business schools and colleges worldwide accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).