UAA & the College of Business and Public Policy Welcomes the National University of MongoliaJuly 23, 2018
On Wednesday, July 18th, the University of Alaska Anchorage along with the College of Business and Public Policy (CBPP) hosted a delegation from the National University of Mongolia (NUM). The group’s visit further develops the relationship between the two universities that began with an Academic Cooperative Agreement last November.
The NUM delegation included
- Dr. Tumurbaatar Yadmaa, President
- Dr. Battulga Sukhee, Dean, School of International Relations and Public Administration
- Mr. Battogtokh Baatar, Lecturer, School of International Relations and Public Administration
- Dr. Khandsuren Lkhamjav, Director, Strategic Management, Second State Central Hospital
- Mr. Enkhjin Tumurbaatar, Mining Engineer
As part of a two week stay in Alaska, the delegation along with UAA & CBPP discussed partnering in the areas of public health service delivery, engineering and public policy and administration. To this goal, the CBPP and NUM’s Public Administration Department are beginning to work together on a number of collaborative projects to include: joint student projects, student and faculty exchanges, and professional development.
The delegation met with UAA Mongolian students while taking a tour of the campus. Other plans for the delegation include meeting with some of our local community leaders and taking in the sights before returning home.