Today, more and more information is needed to manage organizations, large and small. From the entrepreneur to the large multinational corporation, managers are looking for the right information in the right format provided at just the right time to make effective decisions. Our classrooms provide students with hands-on learning experiences using software and tools for business information systems integration, development and decision making. Special laboratories include multimedia presentation and advanced networking and information security facilities.
Students graduate from the CIS program ready to work as network administrators, programmers, web designers, help desk technicians, supervisors, user consultants, database administrators, etc. The major emphasizes problem-solving techniques to analyze, design, program, implement, and manage solutions to business problems.
Degrees in Management Information Systems
Management Information Systems
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) DegreePlanning Sheet
The BBA in Management Information Systems gives students a broad-based business background and provides a strong foundation for careers in software engineering, project management, web development, programming, data analysis, and web security. This degree program is application and user-oriented and focuses on using software and creating applications. The major emphasizes problem-solving techniques to analyze, design, program, implement, and manage solutions to business problems.
Learn and Develop Real World Skills
- Evaluating user software/hardware requirements
- Producing plans to safeguard computer files
- Creating applications using contemporary technologies/programming languages
- Evaluating business systems requirements
- Analyzing the costs of new technologies
- Overseeing web sites
- Implementing web site security measures
- Analyzing data processing problems
- Establishing and revising computer systems
- Designing database management systems
- Managing data communications and computer networks
- Designing and managing a system information project
Business Computer Information Systems
Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree
The AAS Business Computer Information Systems (CIS) degree prepares students for entry-level positions in database administration, network administration, application development, web design, IT help desk, and user consultation. Career opportunities exist in private firms, government agencies, oil firms, and other businesses that use computers to manage information. The program emphasizes problem-solving techniques to analyze, design, program, implement, and manage solutions to business problems. Graduates will have a foundation on which to build a career in information systems.
Work in Computer Information Systems
- Careers (BBA)
- Systems and Management Analyst
- Computer Systems Administrator
- Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Information Security Analyst
- Web Administrator
- Database and Applications Development Specialist
- Data Analyst Project Management
These are just a few of the employment opportunities available with a degree in computer information systems, contact your Student Advisor for more information.